Thursday, December 27, 2007

Christmas Break!!!

I have a whole week off for Christmas and New Year's. This is the first for me, ever. I love my new job. No knitting or crochet pic's this time. I will definitely post some in the New Year. I have the new Afya Ibomu book, "Get Your Crochet On: Fly Tops and Funky Flavas" I love it and have tried to resist looking at it until I get to work a project out of it. I have one in mind, just have to get some yarn for it. My big thing to finish is my da's sweater. I am on the sleeves and am doing them at the same time. Next time I do this sweater I will be doing it in the round. I hope everyone had a great Xmas and I wish you all a glorious New Year.

2 comments:

'THAT CROCHET GUY!!' said...

I'm curious to know what mistakes you found in Afya's hat book.....I didn't find any.

Is there a particular pattern you plan to make in her new book?

kemisicrafts said...

Hey crochet guy! Thanks for the post. Its a few patterns that alot of people I know had problems with: 1) the queen - stitch count did not match up, but was easily fixed by adding a stitch, 2)Superfly - a lady said she had so many problems with the pattern she gave up, 3) Soldier - did not exactly say how to add brim. Now, a good friend of mines has re-wrote the patterns, along with a friend of hers so she would not have any more problems and if anyone else did she would be able to help them.
Now, the new book is gorgeous. I plan to make 1) Chica 2) Shawty 3) Holla Back 4) Shoulder Lean 5)Bby Doll 5) Lil Ma 6) Dawta 7) U tube. Notice I said "plan". Having the time is totally different.