Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Cables and more cables

This was the cutest thing I found on the net. It is a cabled wallet and I found the pattern at: craftingcasualty.blogspot.com
I used Encore worsted and I really like how it came out. I borrowed a button from my mom's sewing box and I think it looks ok. It only took me a couple of hours to make seeing that I started it at work and didn't have a cable needle with me. How did I make this lovely cable you ask? I used a handy dandy straw. Yes, a straw. Go figure. It held up beautifully.

This is the tank top from Creative Knitting. I love the Gems "Opal". It does work up nicely. And my stitch markers I got from Etsy are real cool. I finally got a chance to use them and I am so happy. This pattern is so easy. I'm already up to the straps and I just started last week. Now my next project will come from "Crochet Me" and its the nice tunic in Brown Sheep Cotton Fleece. Can't wait to start that.

No comments: