Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Knitting While Laid Off

In my stash I have 2 balls of Peruvian Tweed yarn. It yields 600 yards each and I had no idea what to do with them. I've been on a shawl kick and I wanted to make a more basic one than the Swallowtail Shawl (which is on hiatus). While trolling ravelry I came across the above Boneyard shawl. Some people have already used the said yarn for this project so I casted on. Very basic and a brain dead project for me. The yarn feels delicious and makes it a pleasure to knit with. I love getting to the ridge part which gives me a break from the stockinette. I can't wait to finish it. I wonder if I really need to block it at the end?
While I was at it, I decided to make my mom a shawl as well. Seeing that I will be using the same yarn, I wanted a different pattern so they didn't look so much alike. So, I found this above shawl "Frostberries" and decided that this would work for her. Very basic and should be a brain dead project, too. I hope she likes it. I plan on casting on for this when I am finished with mine.
Lastly, I saw this in the new "Interweave: Weekend Knits" magazine and decided to use sugar and cream yarn. I am trying to use some of my stash yarn as much as I can. Yeah...I will be indulging in some "new yarn", but will think before making a purchase. (Must pay bills 1st.) I will be doing more than knitting and crocheting while I'm laid off. I have an internship and I am planning on going back to school this Spring. I had to take the Fall off because I wanted to focus on my pending nuptials. Little did I know I would be laid off. Its a blessing in disguise though. More time to crochet/knit and there is my internship.

No comments: