Sunday, February 7, 2010

Projects for Ravelympics


Above is Mara that I plan on finishing during the Winter Olympics. I'm basically at the end just have to finish one more skein and move on to the ruffle part. At least I will get some use out of it before the weather officially breaks. (Seeing that the damn groundhog predicted 6 more weeks of winter.)

Here are the socks I want to challenge myself with. The challenge is to do 2 socks on one circ. I have never done it before. I just finished my 1st pair of socks doing the magic loop. Above is "Mermaid's Lagoon" from Knitty.com. These will be for my mom. I have 1 skein of Cherry Tree Hill superwash hand dyed in a lovely purple. Purple is my mom's fav color. Must please mom. Below is just a simple sock I will be doing out of Maxime Print by Filatura Di Crosa. Gotta love self patterning yarn.
All in all I should be a very happy Olympian when I cross the finishline. At least I hope so.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have made two Mara shawls and they both came out great, I love that pattern.

Sheila said...

Lovely line up of knitting projects. Thanks for the compliment on my jacket and skirt.

Congrats on your new sewing machine. As for an easy pattern check out Butterick See and Sew patterns, I think they are easy garments. Keep me abreast of what you decide on as well as your new sewing venture.