Monday, September 20, 2010

Falling In Love

With Lorna's Laces "Shepard's Worsted". I've worked with the chunky before, but never noticed the softness it has. At the time I was more focused on learning to do a cable than appreciating the yarn. The color is "Flames" and I chose this because it reminds me of my fraternity "Phi Delta Psi, Inc". The pattern is "Winter in Canada" and can be found here. I love how the colors are going. I just hope it looks nice when I finish it. I am doing the small version on sz. 8 needles. That is the only mod I have made. We will see how this plays out.

Seeing that winter is coming I have just been making new hats for myself. This is the "Valentin Cable" hat and can be found in the Fall 2009 Knitscene magazine. I loved it when I first saw it and had to have it. I used Cascade 220 in a light blue. This was a real easy pattern and can be done in a couple of hours.

Last but not least is my version of the "Vivonne Bay" hat. The pattern can be found here. I used what was left of the Cascade 220 light blue and added Shepard's Worsted in white for the decreasing of the crown and finished with the light blue for the last couple of rows. I think it worked out well.
Now, if I can only finish up some UFO's before the end of the year I'd be in business.

1 comment:

Milly said...

I love the Lorna's Lace socks. I'm using some in seaport for a pair of socks. They hats are wonderful!