Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Gift Giving

I have just finished my gifts for the girls at work as a going away gesture. The first is a crocheted tea pot cozy from www.lullabiesandlace.com/simpleteacozy.html I did it with MSU colors since the person I made this for went to MSU. I found the pattern very simple and can be done in one night. New stitch for me was the popcorn stitch. A very simple stitch to do.

This next one is a double crochet scarf made out of Lion Brand Homespun. I like the color and everything, but the yarn splits every so often. Not completely sold on it, but it comes in cute colors so I will more than likely get more.

This is the simple seamed hat done in the round. Just didn't want to seam it up later. I just eliminated 2 stitches. How simple is that? I also did better with the color change. Hated it at first but once I did it I was happy. Also, I made a pom pom for the first time without one of those gadgets. It wasn't all that hard. I think the hat looks good with a pom pom. And yes, this person also went to MSU hence the colors.




No comments: