Saturday, October 6, 2007

A time for new things

I've been eyeing the broomstick lace stitch for a yr now and just worked up the balls to attempt it. This is the beginning of the broomstick lace wristlets from Gritty Knits . I'm using worsted weight yarn SWS from patons. It self stripes even if you are crocheting. I think that is so cool. It also felts pretty good. Who would have thought that soy and wool would work well together. Go figure.


Also, I bought a new knitting needle case on ebay. It has 48 pockets to hold sp and dp needles, cable needles and crochet hooks. I was so excited when this came in the mail. I put all my needles in it (that weren't involved with a project). I'm very proud of this purchase. Now my needles have a proper home. They can all be in the same place.






No comments: