Sunday, May 2, 2010

Casting Off to Cast On


I just finished reading "Casting Off" by Nicole R. Dickson. At first I could not get into it. It wasn't the book.....I was just in a reading funk. After putting it down and getting back in the groove of things I pick it back up and boy am I happy I did. This is a very heart warming book. The way she describes Ireland and the people is beautiful. The storyline really teaches you about people and yourself. I cried towards the end. I am putting this on my favorites list and probably will re-read it soon. This is a must read f

or
knitters who love to read and learn.

After you read the book you may want to make your own "gansey". I found the above "Inishturk" sweater patter at Lionbrand
. It will be a challenge because I do not like seed stitch and this is double seed stitch, but I want an Irish gansey so I will bite the bullet and do it. I more than likely will use Vanna's Choice in Sapphire. I so love that color. The sweater would look gorgeous in that color.

No comments: