Monday, November 3, 2008

New Projects and Voting

Here is a sweater I just had to make. Its from Lion Brand and is called "Garter Swing Sweater" I casted on about 2 wks ago using Plymouth Encore Worsted Weight. I had like 13 skeins of this in my spare room and was using it for another sweater that I just fell out of love with. So I decided to use it for this. Its working out pretty well and if I just work on it more it may be done for Christmas. The reason why I love this sweater is because its so simple and I can work on it while watching tv. The only thing I dread is the sleeves. I hate doing sleeves.

I saw this on "Knit and Crochet Today" on pbs and thought it would look good in some fall colors. I really don't like grannies, but these I can live with. I've made 4 so far and it calls for 35. Grannies are way too simple. I plan on making 7 then join them weave in the ends then work on another 7 and so on until I have 5 rows (joining the rows as I go) then I can work on the border. I plan on making one in purple hues for my mom and after that one in winter colors for myself. I am using the suggested yarn, Red Heart. I am still amazed when a corner pops up. That is so cool.
I also made another Simple Seamed hat, but in the round for a co-worker. I made this out of Lamb's Pride. I am also working on a garter stitch scarf for a classmate for purchase. I hope to have this thing finished soon. Maybe I will take it with me to stand in line to vote tomorrow. They say the lines will be long. I usually get out early to vote, like right when the place opens up. Its going to be interesting to see if the line at my voting place is LONG at 6 or 7 am.


No comments: